Exchange student Mario Castilli was asleep on the third floor of the house in Stockwell on Sunday morning when he was bitten on the right eyelid.
The shocked Italian, who has only been in the country a month studying English, was left with cuts, bruises and swelling under his right eye after the attack and had to have an emergency tetanus jab at hospital.
Mario, 24, said: "It was a 5.30am. I was asleep when I felt something bite me near my right eye.
"It was hard, it woke me up. I saw a fox, it was big."
In May last year nine-month-old twins Lola and Isabella Koupparis had to spend a week in hospital after a fox crept into their cots at their home in Hackney, east London, and savaged their arms as they slept. They were warned they could suffer permanent scarring.
Source: The telegraph