12 cats dead in Miami; December

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBS4) -A chemical found in virtually every car on the road, and in many home garages, has been blamed for the death of more than a dozen cats in the Hammocks area of Southwest Miami-Dade. Unknown is whether the cats were given the chemical, or whether they found it on their own.
The chemical is ethylene glycol, found in a lot of products but most common in anti-freeze or radiator coolant.

According to Dr. Maria Serrano, chief veterinarian with Miami-Dade animal services, blood tests taken during the necropsies of multiple cats points to ethylene glycol poisoning. Dr. Serrano said all cats showed signs of severe kidney failure and electrolyte imbalance.

No comments:

Post a Comment